Demolition of old F Block
The demolition of F Block will commence in earnest over the next 6 weeks. The final removal of asbestos will occur this weekend Saturday 28th & Sunday 29th 2016. Following that – down it comes! Being such a large building, it is anticipated to take 4-5 weeks to systematically demolish the building in sections. The demolition team will access the site from Edwards Road. Whilst the contractors will make every effort to fit around the school’s needs, it will likely have significant impact:
- Traffic flow around the Edwards Road area may be restricted during the day. Parking along Edwards Road may also be restricted.
- Access to the school via Edwards Road will be blocked. Please start planning for different drop off and pick up points if this affects your family. This will also apply pressure to the other collection and drop off points around the school. Families are asked to plan accordingly to accommodate this change of traffic flow and be patient.
- Students who walk, ride or scoot to school will need to enter the school via St Aidans Road or Crook Street. If this is a new route, please ensure your child is familiar with it.
- Pram/wheelchair access via Edwards Road will not be possible during this time. Families with prams and wheelchairs will need to access the school via either St Aidans Road or Crook Street.
- Access to play space at the back of the school may be restricted during this time. The school will make a decision about this as the need arises.
- Dust and noise are likely to have an impact during school times. The contractors will make every effort to contain dust during school hours, but will be unable to restrict noise. If you are concerned about the dust or noise affecting your child/children, please discuss this with your child’s teacher, Trudi Jacobson or me.
- The Camp Australia Holiday Program will be relocated to Golden Square Primary School for the Term 2 holidays. Please contact Camp Australia for further information.
Please make appropriate arrangements if any of the above points affect you or your child/children. We are hoping for short term pain for long term gain. I thank you in advance for your patience and understanding.